How to Shop at Kopke's
This is an exceptional year.
As a locally owned, agriculture business that grows the majority of our product for direct sale to our customers, we humbly accept our responsibility as an ‘essential business’. Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are implementing the following changes for the added safety for our employees and our customers:
Social Distancing and Safety Measures
- Limited number of Customers in the store at any time
- Shopping carts and checkout devices are sanitized after each use
- Conveniently visible distance markings in our checkout and specific shopping areas
- Limited staff to reduce personal contact
Please observe the following tips on making your shopping experience a good one for everyone.
- Limit the time you spend in the greenhouse per trip. By the week before Mother’s Day, there are literally a thousand(1,000+) plant lovers trying to get in each day.
- Help us limit the number of people in the greenhouse at any one time. If you can shop by yourself, rather than with multiple friends and family, it will help keep more people safe, and more people will get a chance to shop.
- Limit the handling of plants and other products to the to reduce any chance of asymptomatic transmission.
- Adhere to the directions of our signage, walk-way directions on the floor, and our staff. Like flight attendants, they hold the keys to everyone’s safety and success.
- Shop when it’s slow. (When is that?) Currently, the slowest time of day is after 5pm, earlier in the week(Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays), and on cold, rainy, windy, cruddy days.
We know the process may be a bit frustrating. The logistics of doing this in a non-traditional manner is probably why AMAZON doesn’t try to grow plants.
Thank you for your grace and patience as we try to be the best we can be for you.